Physiotherapist - Functional Assessor
Hours: Monday – Friday (37.5 hours) - No more weekends!! Mon-Fri, office working hours
If you are looking to push your Physiotherapy career in a new direction, to learn and develop, to predict your working hours and for an exciting and challenging role outside of the NHS then please continue reading.
We are working with our client who is a global expert in health and disability, and occupational health assessments. They have asked Merco to support their Physiotherapy recruitment nationwide with jobs which enable Physiotherapists to use their medical knowledge and clinical skills in the different area of medical assessment.
- Full, unconditional registration with the HCPC & at least one years' work experience
- Excellent verbal, word processed and written communication skills
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Up to date, evidenced CPD portfolio and appraisal
- at least 5yrs qualified as a physio
- at least 3yrs MSK/outpatients experience
- Strong typing and IT skills - role involves laptop working, typing while talking to patients on the phone and using multiple IT systems
- good at learning new IT systems
- used to using electronic notes
- Able to work 20hrs per week minimum.
- Can work at least 2 evenings or a Saturday - Service runs 8am-8pm on Mon to Fri and 8am-2pm on Sat
- Working from home role so candidates must be based in England/Wales/Scotland only (for IT reasons).
- experience using TM2 (electronic notes)
- experience using Physitrack (sending pt exercise)
- previous experience of telephone triage
You will assess customers, taking your clinical observations and questioning and creating a written report which you will pass on to the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) who will make a decision on support for the customer, your report will only form part of that decision. You will assess an occupational benefit Employment and Support Allowance managed by DWP.
Customers will have multiple clinical issues; you will be given industry-leading training provided by my client’s amazing clinical tutors. The course will provide you will the skills to support customers and transfer your current medical skills and knowledge to the level required for the role.
Full training is approximately 6 months duration, during which you will be paid. This role will maintain your registration with the HCPC and you will receive revalidation support to maintain your registration.
Once you have completed their comprehensive training, You will have ongoing CPD, with over 100 hours CPD protected per annum, support with revalidation and the opportunity to develop your career within the organisation. You will be allocated a clinical supervisor and can study for the Diploma is Disability Assessment Medicine accredited by the FOM
A Physiotherapist who is working primarily in-patient facing roles dealing with a wide range of clinical conditions. Computer or IT skills are a distinct advantage. Typing or keyboard skills with an ability to type at 30 words per minute. The client group requires doctors to have highly adaptable communication skills, display empathy and compassion.