Nurse Assessor - Home Based
Merco are proudly recruiting in partnership with Independent Assessment Services offering candidates this exciting home based opportunity to work permanently and directly for them on the DWPs Personal Independent Payment contract. The role will require you to use your broad-based medical experience and clinical knowledge to conduct independent health assessments and write reports for the DWP. Although not a decision making role you will be using your critical reasoning skills and drawing upon your experiences, skills & knowledge and ensuring that your part in the assessment process is positive, dignified and professional.
Once you apply you will be contacted by one of our team of specialist recruiters who will guide and advise you through the online recruitment process that now includes exercises that will give you a taster of what the job is like.
Previous experience as is Disability Assessor is not required as you will be fully trained to do the role, however, Government legislation requires you to have at least 12 months post qualification work experience in one of the above Nursing or AHP disciplines working with people 16 – 64.
Driving licences are no longer required for these roles.
Why should you apply:
- Using your Clinical expertise in a new way whilst enjoying a great work-life balance with great benefits and working from home.
- Growing your medical knowledge in a friendly team environment.
- Knowledge gained will be applied to the decision of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit
- A large investment is made in you as an employee, especially during the professional all new training academy you will complete, to become an accredited Disability Analyst, over the first 6 months.
- Within the first 3 months you will earn over 140 hours of CPD, along with this professional development being crucial throughout to keep Clinicians at the top of their game!
- 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
- Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
- Health screening every two years, after one year's service
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration.
- All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more.
Merco have 16 years’ clinical staffing experience - we only work with specialist and experienced clinicians providing work across the health and social care sector. We have excellent permanent and locum opportunities for Doctors, Nurses and AHPs.
If you are interested in discovering more about this or any other permanent or locum roles, please get in touch.