GP Locum shifts - Private Health Screening
Merco work alongside the largest Healthcare Screening GP lead service in the UK, operating in over 40 settings Nationwide. Locum work is available Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm in all settings, and full training is provided.
The main purpose of the role:
- To provide consultation, physical and clinical examination of clients
- Production of clinical reports
- Delivery of test results (see below)
- Discussion of all positive and negative findings
- Referral or appropriate individual counselling according to results
- Advise and promote on preventive health and lifestyle actions
- Physical and clinical examination of clients (6/7 patients per day max)
- Preparation of elements for the screening reports and interpretation of test results with the inclusion of all relevant information about the state of health and other clinical findings that require further investigations.
- Making recommendations for the management of or treatment of risk factors to the client’s general state of health.
As well as being a registered GP in the UK with over 2 years experience (post qualification) You must have the ability to:
- Examine someone fully including breast examination and smear if required
- Interpret resting ECG
- Interpret spirometry result
- Interpret basic haematology and biochemistry blood results, including PSAs
- Perform venepuncture if required
Please include your CV to apply, and we will be in touch straight away to discuss your availability for shifts, and the settings local to you. Merco aim to register applicants in a timely manner, to full compliance standards - enabling you to start work as quickly as possible.