Band 6/7 Occupational Therapist - Neurorehabilitation
Band 6/7 Occupational Therapist
Our client, a well regarded NHS Trust in Hertfordshire is loking for an experienced HCPC registered Band 6 or 7 Occupational Therapist to work in their neurorehabiltation service.
Job Profile – Neuro Rehab OT
· To be able to complete comprehensive assessment and treatment for patients with a neurological diagnosis, largely stroke and brain injury. Assessment includes cognitive, perceptual, functional and physical/motor assessment, particularly the upper limb.
· To be able to complete home environmental assessment, and recommend and order appropriate equipment (including high cost and larger pieces of equipment) to enable patients to return home safely
· To be able to complete wheelchair assessment for basic wheelchairs and postural needs – preferably completed a Wheelchair Prescribers Course
· To be able to chair and lead patient meetings with family and the MDT. This includes working in a keyworker capacity for patients, and overseeing and coordinating complex discharges.
· To be able to complete patient related documentation in a timely manner using the SOAP format
· To be able to attend patient related MDT meetings, and feedback and lead on behalf of the OT team, patients and other MDT members.
Applicants should preferably have 1 year of experience of working in neurological practice and preferably be able to drive in order to complete home visits/access visits.
Merco have 16 years’ clinical staffing experience - we only work with specialist and experienced clinicians providing work across the health and social care sector. We have excellent permanent and locum opportunities for Doctors, Nurses and AHPs.
If you are interested in discovering more about this or any other permanent or locum roles, please get in touch.