Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Merco are growing…
Be part of the bigger picture – Be part of the growth – Be YOU!
Yes, we are growing and as such Merco are looking for ambitious, dynamic professionals to be part of our growing success! Whether we like it or not, so much of our time these days is spent reading and looking at the news and it is inevitable that each one of us have come to realise that the medical industry is staffed by some amazing people. Have you thought that you could be part of the team that makes a difference… a team that sources those amazing people? At Merco, we have been finding outstanding individuals for all areas of the medical profession for the last twenty years, and we are now looking for you to be part of the next generation of consultants, finding and eventually placing clinicians for the future of our medical industry.
Who we are…
Operating for 20 years, Merco Medical Staffing is a specialist medical recruitment agency based in South West London SW20. We are an SME, a key provider in the primary and private sector and need you to help us keep up with the demand for high calibre clinicians across the UK. We are open to widening our provision to new sectors within healthcare and are keen to meet client demand and new UK territories with your help.
Who are we looking for…
We are seeking a confident, enthusiastic team player to work alongside our senior consultants to source, register and qualify suitable candidates in a fast paced industry with the view to developing your career and managing your own portfolio of candidates and clients.
Do you believe to have the following qualities within yourself?
- Passion and Tenacity - we love a bit of Oomph!
- Resourceful, proactive and resilient - we are intuitive to changing needs and respond quickly with energy and ideas
- Confident and self-motivated
- Positively and professionally persistent – not like PPI
- Honesty and integrity
Skills and experience needed:
- Ambitious – we want to develop your career - grow with us
- An excellent communicator – be curious, listen and understand
- A keen eye for detail – organisational ability and good administration is part and parcel
- A goal-orientated approach to work
- Multi-tasking - the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Problem-solving ability
Whilst previous experience as a resourcer or within health care is beneficial, it is by no means essential as full training for this role will be provided. A background in customer service roles are also desirable, but whatever your level of experience you bring we are excited to help you grow and progress with us.
The key responsibilities that will be in your very capable hands will include:
- Actively search for candidates through networking and various recruiting channels
- Posting adverts and managing other platforms used to attract candidates
- Qualify and screen all new applicants and liaise with the appropriate consultants
- Working alongside a dedicated compliance team to ensure candidates are being cleared to work and managing the compliance expectations of new candidates
- Provision of general administrative support to the Consultants where applicable
- Through your networking of candidates, identify under represented regions or specialties with a view to growing the Merco candidate database with suitable and available candidates
- You will work closely with the team and build up a portfolio of clients in time who you will then manage and network with
What can Merco offer you as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant in South West London:
- Up to £24,000.00 per annum and excellent commission structure
- Discretionary Annual company bonus based on overall company performance
- In-depth training with our very own MD
- Career growth
- We are 1 stop away from lively Wimbledon, a 2min walk from Raynes Park Station with regular trains straight to London Waterloo (20min)
- Perkbox* (review at www.perkbox.com)
- Corporate discount on gym membership with Anytime Fitness (located 1min from the office)
- Cycle to work scheme*
- Casual dress code
- 5pm Friday refreshments
- Full of fun Summertime and Christmas parties
- Autonomous, flexible working environment including participation in hybrid working arrangements*
- Dynamic, friendly and supportive environment with lots of laughs
- Life Assurance
- Birthday leave*
- Company Pension Scheme
*Upon successful completion of probationary period
For further information please apply online or contact the team on 020 8947 3077