Senior Clinical Pharmacist for Post in Kent
Merco Medical is an award-winning specialist primary care staffing agency. Established in 2002, we work with 200+ national and local providers seeking day to day and longer-term GP, Specialist Nurse and Pharmacy cover.
One of our long-term clients, a well-respected provider of scheduled and unscheduled primary and urgent care services, is seeking to appoint a Senior Clinical Pharmacist on a full-time basis. This post is based across 2 GP services in Folkestone, although similar posts are available in other parts of Kent with this same client.
This post has been created as part of the NHS England GP Clinical Pharmacist Scheme. This postholder will be part of a team of Pharmacists that our client will have across their services in Coastal Kent, Canterbury and South Kent Coast.
• Full time post based in Folkestone
• Other similar posts available in other parts of Kent for this same client
• 37.5 hours per week
• You will work across 2 GP Practices (less than 1 mile apart from each other)
• You must be GPhC registered, be an independent prescriber and have min. 5 years post grad experience
• Prescribing qualification may not be essential for non-Folkestone posts
• Salary up to £45k plus benefits + NHS Pension
This is a patient facing role. You will take responsibility for chronic disease management within the practices and undertake medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex polypharmacy. You will also provide clinical leadership on medicines optimisation and quality improvement and manage some of aspects of the quality and outcomes framework and enhanced services. You will be supported by the existing team of pharmacists, Clinical Directors, the Director of Nursing and Lead GPs.
Interviews held locally in Folkestone – start date is flexible, but ideally as soon as possible.
To request a full job description or to discuss these posts in confidence please contact Ryan Crow on 0208 947 3077 or send your CV and details to firstname.lastname@example.org