Physiotherapist, Functional Assessor
Are you a Physiotherapist looking for the following?
- A genuine work life balance, with no bank holidays, evenings or weekends required?
- A fresh challenge with responsibilities that keep your skills up to date and guarantees support in working towards revalidation?
- To work for a forward-thinking organisation that encourages ongoing training and development?
We are looking for Registered Healthcare Professionals with a wide range of clinical knowledge, who love working with patients on a one-to-one basis to understand how their lives are affected by their medical or physical disabilities.
If you are looking to push your physiotherapy career in a new direction, to learn and develop, to predict your working hours and for an exciting and challenging role away from frontline nursing then please continue reading.
We are working with our client who is a global expert in health and disability, and occupational health assessments. They have asked Merco to support their Functional Assessor recruitment nationwide with jobs which enable Physiotherapists to use their medical knowledge and clinical skills in the different area of medical assessment.
What is a Functional Assessor:
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team at your local assessment centre, you will be responsible for completing professional functional health assessments via telephone with individuals and reviewing a wide range of complex medical conditions.
- You will focus on how an individual's ability to perform day to day activities is affected by their condition and produce a high quality, detailed, impartial report for DWP.
- To ensure you are fully prepared for your new role, you will embark on a comprehensive (paid) induction and training programme.
- Support is ongoing and will allow you to become a proficient and qualified Functional Assessor
- Full, unconditional registration with the HCPC
- At least 2 years’ work experience
- Excellent verbal, word processed and written communication skills
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- 31 days annual leave entitlement
- Season Ticket Loan
- Pension – 10% contribution
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to a free-to-use 24/7 confidential support programme for any legal, financial or personal issues
- Flu jabs
- Health screening
- Charitable giving
- Boost your annual leave entitlement
- Restaurant card – discounts at over 7000 restaurants nationwide
- Travel insurance cover
- Gym membership