Locum Emergency Nurse Practitioner (ENP)
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will autonomously undertake assessment and treatment of patients in the UTC who may present with complex and/or chronic illnesses and/or injury; to determine a clinical diagnosis, treatment and appropriate discharge as indicated as well as maintaining patient records.
- To provide clinical leadership through clinical expertise to the department staff. You may be the most experienced member of staff or the only member of staff within UTC (although often there may be a GP or second clinician on site).
- To ensure effective coordination and liaison with multidisciplinary teams across Primary and Secondary Care Services in order to provide a seamless service to the patients and prevent hospital admission where possible
- Must be happy to refer appropriately to specialities or OGP’s
- You will have the help from the hospital specialities and the ED consultant if you need assistance.
- Work within local protocols, guidelines, PGDs (Patient Group Directives).
- Work within Non-Medical Prescribers Agreement if you are a Non-Medical Prescriber
- To ensure that patient records and documentation are maintained in line with NMC / HCPC standards, documenting full and accurate records of assessments, investigations, procedures, treatments and aftercare.
It can be a very busy department, you will work closely with MIU and they will often discuss illness patients with you for a second option. You will be working with a small team of agency staff who are becoming regulars, and benefit from a good relationship with the ED. For more information about these shifts and similar settings, please send us your CV or call for an initial chat.