Locum Consultant Psychiatrist (Learning Disability) – Taunton
We are seeking Consultant Psychiatrists as part of an excellent Mental Health Service in a Learning Disability ward for 4-6 weeks. You will need to be able to showcase your recent clinical work in Psychiatry. The ward is a high dependency learning disability service and provides high level of support to its patients.
Our client is a leading provider of inpatient mental health and LD services, delivering care across their network of 100+ hospitals – all of which have a Good or Outstanding CQC rating.
Salary: £90-£95/hour depending on experience
Services offered within the Hospital ward:
You will provide a service to inpatients on 2 acute admissions wards in a locked setting, as defined by agreed quality standards and service specifications, as well as risk assessment and risk management, using assessment instruments such as START, collaboratively with patients and carers, where appropriate
You will ensure that there are adequate arrangements in place for staff involved in the care of your patients and that they are able to contact you when necessary.
You will arrange Consultant / RC cover for all periods of your unavailability or absence, ensuring the smooth continuation of provision of services for patients always.
• MRCPsych or equivalent qualification + Higher Psychiatric Training in General Adult Psychiatry
• Full Specialist Registration with GMC
• Section 12(2) approval
• Approved Clinician (AC) Status
• Evidence of effective working within a multi-disciplinary team
• Active involvement in clinical governance, quality improvement activities, and clinical audit.
• Experience of teaching and training
• Supervisory skills for Ward Doctors / Specialty Psychiatrists
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience within at a Consultant level.
• Training and relevant experience in Management Skills
• Interest in developing knowledge and skills in the use of psychological methods of treatment
If you are seeking a fantastic and lucrative opportunity in a beautiful part of England with a respected MH services provider, then this post could be ideal for you.
Merco have 16 years’ clinical staffing experience - we only work with specialist and experienced clinicians providing work across the health and social care sector. We have excellent permanent and locum opportunities for Doctors, Nurses and AHPs.
If you are interested in discovering more about this or any other permanent or locum roles, please get in touch by sending your up to date CV to email@example.com or by calling 020 8947 3077