Lead GP Opportunity in Middlesex
Merco Medical are a 15-year-old award winning London based specialist medical and healthcare staffing agency. We work with 200+ healthcare services across the UK that need locum, contract and permanent staff cover.
One of our long-term clients is seeking to appoint a Lead GP into a full-time post. Our client operates urgent care services across London and the Home Counties. This post will be based at their UCC within the Hillingdon Hospital.
This role will be supported by an experienced Clinical Director. Principally, you will be managing a team of salaried and bank GPs but you will also work closely with their Service Leads to manage, organise and promote the needs of their services.
This is a broad role – some of the key responsibilities are:
• Supervision and training of salaried, bank and junior clinicians
• Clinical governance
• Investigating incidents and complaints
• Demonstrating professional leadership through advice, leadership and support
• Safeguarding lead
• Carrying out annual GP appraisals
• Clinical audits, including management of actions arising
• Developing patient pathways
• Participation with UCC leadership team meetings
You may be an experienced Lead GP with urgent care experience seeking a fresh role; or you may be a GP with unscheduled care experience that is seeking a step into a management role. In any case, our client offers a clear career path with training and development opportunities. In addition to a salary of up to £110,000 pa there is a generous flexible benefits package, which includes an NHS pension.
For more information please contact Ryan Crow in our London team on 0208 947 3077 or send your details to email@example.com – evening and weekend enquiries welcome.