Band 6 NHS Clinical Assessor
Location: Kilmarnock (Home and Office Working Hybrid role)
Salary: Band 6 (£33,072 - £40,736)
Practitioner type: Registered General Nurse, Mental Health Nurse, Learning Disability Nurse
Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic
Looking for something a bit different which will give you a new challenge?
We are currently recruiting qualified Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics to join an established NHS organisation and be trained up as clinical assessors.
- You will be speaking on the phone with people making a claim for a DWP benefit as part of a consultation session. These cases will all be organised for you, leaving you free from any appointment admin.
- Working with a variety of different people presenting with a range of complex conditions including physical, mental health, cognitive and sensory impairments.
- Conducting a thorough functional medical assessment of their disability or condition.
- Writing and submitting reports using a bespoke IT system
- Excellent training and mentoring programme
- Quarterly CPD days
- Excellent working hours – Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm
- Formal Disability Analyst Accreditation at the end of your training.
(NB if you are already in the NHS then all your current benefits will roll over including holiday entitlement)
- NHS Pension and employer contribution of 14.9%
- Career progression opportunities
- Home-working (post-pandemic, you would complete a proportion of face-to-face site-based assessments on a rotational basis)
If this is of interest please apply now or get in touch for a confidential chat!